We are really taking our time here with only 4 days left to Christmas and on Day 4 of our 12 Days of Christmas. I have a 8 more awesome projects to share with you and will be sharing one a day over the next 8 days!
Today to go with my Bead Table Wednesday demo today I’m sharing these fun silk wrapped bead earrings.
Two lengths of 1 1/4″ 18 or 19 gauge wire (I recommend steel or copper)
12″ 26 gauge craft wire
11/0 seed beads
8-12″ sari silk ribbon
2 artisan headpins
2 5mm copper jump rings
2 brass earwires
1. Create a simple loop on each end of the 19 gauge wire.
2. String on 2″ of seed beads on the 26 gauge wire.
3. Wrap the ribbon around the wire, twisting it over as it’s wrapped around the wire. When you reach the end of the wire, wrap the ribbon back over the middle. (See the video.)
4. Wrap 1″ of the 26 gauge wire under the loop, wrap the ribbon with the wire to secure it, letting a bead or two fall on the wire as you turn it around the ribbon. Wrap the wire around the other loop 5-6 times.
5. Create a messy wrapped loop with the wire on the headpins.
6. Attach the wrapped headpin to the silk bead with a 5mm jump ring.
7. Attach the earwire to the top of the silk bead.
Beautiful Elements Book
Sari Silk Ribbon: Design Talented One
Headpins: Humblebeads VIP Party Facebook Group