Bead Societies are spread across the world and if you are lucky enough to have one nearby, here are 6 reasons to join today!
1. It’s not good to always bead alone. Meet other like-minded bead-aholics who won’t judge the hoard of beads you have stashed away.
2. It’s fun! Bead societies will often have challenges or contests. Our bead society has a design contest every year along with 2 annual parties.
3. You’ll be in the know. Bead Societies will help you keep up-to-date on the bead shows coming to your area, as well as opportunities for you to showcase your jewelry.
4. Learn something new. Most meetings will have a special presentation or speaker. Bead Societies often host classes for their members at special rates.
5. Discounts. Yes! Membership has it’s privileges. If you belong to your local Bead Society, you might be able to get discounts at your local bead shops.
6. You’ll discover the beadmakers in your area and find new art beads you must have!
When it comes to organizations that are run by volunteers, you’ll get more out of it if you become involved! Bead Societies are always in need of talented new members to keep the organization growing and lively. Our society doesn’t meet during the summer and I’m looking forward to seeing them again next month!
Want to see if there is a society near you? Check out the extensive and up-to-date list on the Rings & Things message board.