If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like being a work-at-home entrepreneur, well, let me tell you. It’s a lot more than simply shambling down the stairs in your pajamas with a cup of coffee and an endless day of joyful creating ahead of you.
However, the day ran like this:
1) Oversleep. I have an excuse. I was up until 2am the night before working.
2) Due to oversleeping, missed my window of good light for photographing new jewelry for the web site.
3) Make coffee. Leave coffee on the counter when the dryer dings. Forget I made coffee.
4) Sit down at the computer to order the booth displays. Remember I have to stick postcard stamps on a 10″ stack of cards for the craft show.
6) Run upstairs to put on real clothes as Zack has just been invited to go play kick ball. Watch for a moment and remember why I hated grade school gym.
7) Where the heck is that danged coffee.
8) Sit back down at the computer. My order for booth displays has timed out and I have to find everything all over again.
|Beads by The Gritty Bird|
11) Open computer programs to work on web site. Notice that it is now 7:30pm.
12) Upload exactly two (2) pieces of jewelry before it’s time to read to Zack.
13) Finally drink my coffee. It’s 9pm.
14) Everyone goes to bed, and thanks to coffee, I am up until 4am making jewelry.
Woody Allen was right. “If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.”
When Lori isn’t searching for a Venti Starbucks Mocha, she’s (trying) to create jewelry in her Easton, MD studio. She writes a blog, Pretty Things, and you can see her work at http://www.lorianderson.net/.