Did you know that the 2nd day of Christmas is actually either the 26th or 27th December, depending on whether you come from the East or the West? Either way, what more perfect way to spend the one of those quieter days after the hectic run up to the 25th, than sitting down and creating some extra special beaded ornaments or decorations. Something really quick and easy, that you could create with kids of any age (5 to 95!).
1. Take a ceramic snowflake pendant (or holly leaf!) and a 25cm (10 inch) piece of waxed linen cord.
2. Attach one end of the cord to the pendant with a lark’s head knot, and tie a further knot over the top to secure.
3. Slide on any beads you wish, knotting in between.
4. Double the cord over on itself at the end, and tie and overhand knot directly above the top bead, to create a large loop.
5. Repeat as many times as you like to make quick, easy and pretty decorations!
Of course, you don’t have to wait until Boxing Day to create these pretty ornaments. They would make great decor for any special presents you have going out for the holidays, and will of course look lovely on the tree, or in the window. Happy creating!
Ceramic snowflakes, holly leaf and faceted round – BoHulleyBeads.etsy.com
Polymer bird – SomethingToDoBeads.etsy.com
Polymer winter cottage – PipsJewellery.etsy.com
Lampwork round – MooginMindy.etsy.com
Czech glass and waxed linen cord – TheCuriousBeadShop.etsy.com
Clear frosted czech glass – SmittenBeads.co.uk
Acrylic rounds – ReductionNation.etsy.com
Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer and singer, currently living in Manchester, England. You can read more about beads and singing at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her work at songbead.etsy.com.