Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you’ll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.
This week’s winner is Lucid Moon Studio. Congratulations!
You have won a set of lampwork beads by Kelleysbeads. Send Lorelei an e-mail with your address and she will get it right out to you!
Hmm, my studio for the last few weeks has been a beach. I’m actually taking a much needed vacation and enjoying recharging my batteries.
Favorite ways to renew my creative state:
1. Go to the beach
2. Spend time with loved ones
3. Eat delicious homemade meals with said loved ones
3. Laugh, laugh, laugh
4. Guilt-free naps!
6. Trying something new – it’s watercolor right now
7. Visit visually beautiful places
8. See art shows or visit handcrafted markets
10. Enjoy nature
When I head back to the studio on Tuesday I’m going to take a day to reflect.
1. What’s working?
2. What am I enjoying about my business?
3. What’s not working?
4. How can I streamline my product line?
5. What direction do I want to go with for new products for the fall and 2011?
6. What can I delegate and where I can use an extra set of hands?
So now for the question of the week: how do you recharge your creative batteries? Leave a comment and one random winner will receive a set of starfish charms – shown above in those earrings. Looking forward to reading your comments!