As I prepare for Bead & Button and having my first booth this year, I’m also making a strategy for my shopping experience. I thought I’d share a few tips with you that I learned from last year.
1. Have a budget – I know I just heard someone laugh, but seriously unless money is no object you can get into major trouble without a budget.
2. Have a list – make a list of materials or projects supplies you are planning to hunt down.
3. Have a plan – make a list of the beadmakers or shops you have to visit
3. A good pair of shoes – seriously, it’s a lot of walking.
4. A good friend – to help you stay out of trouble and to share your best treasures.
5. Have a strategy – buy your art beads and rare finds the first day. Look for deals the second day.
6. Impulses are not your friend – ask yourself: can I order this at home or will it add too much bulk to my suitcases if I’m flying.
7. Replenish – have water, you really will need it.
8. Bring business cards – this is a great time to network.
9. Bring a camera – you’ll want pictures of you and your new friends and photos from the show.
10. Be kind to yourself – let’s face it #1 will be blown the first day unless you have super human bead buying powers. Bring a credit card or have a back up funds for your travel expenses.