Free Project – Thankful Banner
I created this tiny banner to offer some cheer to someone dear to me this Thanksgiving. You can adjust the message or personalize it with a name or date to create a sweet ornament for the holidays.
12″ 22 gauge brass colored wire
3mm faceted brass bead
14mm disk bead
Ball peen hammer
2-hole metal punch
Round nose and chain nose pliers
1. Stamp your word onto the brass blank.
2. Texture around the word with the round end of the ball peen hammer. Use a buffing block to highlight the texture.
3. Paint the letters and wipe of the access paint.
4. Create a hole with the 2-hole punch, so there is a hole on both ends.
5. Create a wrapped loop and string on the polymer clay bead and brass bead.
6. Create a loop to hold the beads in place. Twist the wire with your hands and pliers to create the vine textured wire. Hold the wire with one hand and twist it to create the crooks and turns, use round-nose pliers to create the small loops in the wire.
7. Attach the wire with a simple loop to the other side of the leaf.