Humblebeads Fox Bead
36.5 x 25 brass oval connector
32mm brass leaf charm
15mm jump ring
3 12mm wood beads
4 3mm brass faceted nuggets
2 7mm brass jump rings
1 5.5mm brass jump ring
1 4mm brass jump ring
2 2″ brass headpin
2 30″ lengths of waxed linen
Round nose pliers
Ball been hammer
Metal letter stamps
Paint or patina (I used Swellegant, but any patina paint will work.)
1. Hammer the word SLY onto the brass connector and use the round end of the ball peen
hammer to create texture. Use a buffing block to bring out the highlights of the metal.
2. Paint the feather with either a patina system or with acrylic paint, seal with matte
3. String the fox bead onto the headpin, create a loop.
4. Open one 7mm jump ring, add on the brass connector and three brass nugget
beads. Close jump ring.
5. Add a 7mm jump ring onto the last one and slip the fox onto this ring and close.
6. Add the first jump ring onto the 15mm jump ring.
7. Add the 4mm jump ring onto the feather. Attach the feather jump ring to the connector
with a 5.5mm jump ring, adding one brass nugget bead to the ring before closing it.
8. With the 2 strands of linen create a Lark Heads Knot around 15mm jump ring.
9. Knot all four strands together and string on a wooden bead. Knot all 4 threads at the
top of the bead.
10. Separate the strands so two are on each side. Create knots an 1″ apart to the desired
length. Leave 2″ on both ends
11. String a wooden bead on the end of the linen, knot and trim the ends. Repeat on the
other side. To secure the necklace, thread the bead through the last two knots on the
linen. You can wear the necklace long or short depending on where you thread the beads
through on the knotted cord.
Nuggets: Rings & Things.
Patina: B’Sue Boutiques.
Everything Else: Hobby Lobby
Print out the instructions here. This project was original published at Humblebeads.com
Susan DelaneyOctober 16, 2013 at 12:02 am
Thank you. You are a wonderful teacher.
Kathy LindemerOctober 16, 2013 at 12:28 pm
I love your design!
Cory TompkinsOctober 17, 2013 at 11:07 am
luluvisionOctober 19, 2013 at 9:55 pm
What a beautiful necklace! Thanks for sharing the tute!
Comments are closed.