It’s hectic this time of year and since I’ve had big changes occurring in my life recently, we all need to remember to slow down and take a few moments to be grateful and reflect. I slowed down the other day and created this easy necklace – Meditation – that incorporates my favorite two letter word, “be” – reminding me to just let things go and “be.”
36 inches 2.8mm gunmetal curb chain
1 gunmetal lobster clasp, 7 x 12mm
8 gunmetal jumprings, 4, 5 or 6mm
5 anodized 18 gauge colored jump rings, 7.9mm, in complementary colors
Charms – I used 1 buddha head, 1 flower, 1 “be” charm, use whatever you have left over or you can use colorful beads or crystals.
Pliers, chainnose and needlenose
Cutters, to cut the chain
1. Cut two 16 inch lengths of the curb chain.
2. Attach one jump ring to each of one end of the curb chain. You’ll end up with two pieces of chain with jump rings on one end of each chain.
3. Attach lobster clasp to one of the jump rings.
4. Choose one of the colored jump rings and attach the opposite ends of the chain (the ends without the clasp and jump ring.)
5. Choose another colored jump ring and attach the glass link and chain together.
6. Cut the remaining 4 inches of chain into 3 pieces, 1 piece 2 inches long, the other two pieces, 1 inch long.
7. Attach the gunmetal jump rings to one end of each of the pieces of chain.
8. Attach charms to the gunmetal jump rings.
9. Attach colored anodized jump rings to the charms and the glass link.