Inspired by a walk in Central Park, this necklace combines urban elements with earthy themes. The necklace features birds, nests and trees stamped on resin beads, a Modern Forest Toggle and disk beads from Humblebeads, building connectors from Earthenwood Studios and a lampwork bead from Sea of Glass Beads. Visit here for directions on stamping resin beads.
Modern Forest Toggle Clasp
9 12mm polymer clay disk beads
14mm lampwork disk bead
2 12mm faceted brecciated jasper beads
2 20mm ceramic building connectors
2 19mm resin beads
1 25mm resin bead
32mm copper ring
4mm copper spacer
14 2″ copper eyepins
13 7.5mm copper jump rings
7″ copper chain
3 8mm copper chain links
1. Create a wrapped loop dangle with the flat spacer and lampwork bead on the headpin. Attach to the bottom loop of the toggle clasp with a jump ring.
2. Attach the 3 jump ring loops to the bar of the toggle. Use links that open and close or use a small jump ring to attach the bar.
3. Create looped links with each of the beads, one bead per eyepin.
4. Attach one of the small resin beads to the copper link with jump rings (in photo 4)
5. Attach the beaded links and components, working from the right side to the left:
Attach jasper bead with jump ring to the 3 chain links.
Use jump rings to attach the building connector.
Attach a disk bead to the jump rings on the building connector and copper ring.
Attach 3 disks beads and jasper bead together by opening and closing their loops.
Attach the chain to the last bead with a jump ring.
Attach a disk bead to the other side of the chain with a jump ring.
Attach 2 more disk beads together.
Attach a building connector to the disk beads with a jump ring.
Attach a small resin bead to the building connector with a jump ring. Attach a disk bead to the resin bead.
Attach the large resin bead to the disk bead with a jump ring.
Attach another disk bead to the resin bead with a jump ring.
Attach the clasp to the disk bead with a jump ring.
Toggle & disk beads: Humblebeads
Lampwork glass: Sea of Glass
Ceramic connectors: Earthenwood Studios
Resin: Natural Touch Beads
Copper findings & stones: Rings & Things
Copper Ring: Bello Modo